- Take our Broadband Survey!
- Sign up for our mailing list to receive updates, like events, presentations, surveys, and more.
- Become a Member or Sponsor.
- Like and follow us on Facebook or Instagram
- Help us by learning more about this topic. Read the Fiber Primer to start with.
- Talk to your elected officials.
- Tell them you support building a community-fiber network. A simple phone call is all that is needed.
- Talk to them about the facts from the various fact-sheets.
- Ask them to hold meetings, like Town Halls, for citizens to come and give their input.
- Ask them to support smart proactive policies, like Dig-Once or simplified permitting practices, to reduce costs and become fiber broadband ready (Next Century Cities).
- Encourage them to contact us and we will help them. We are available to do presentations, and more.
- Become a Local Champion for the cause. Join us by contacting us or joining us at one of our events.
- Talk to your friends and family about this issue. Awareness is key.
Specific Volunteer Asks
We need volunteers willing to pick up old signs, transport signs to members, and put out yard signs at intersections.
We need people who would be willing to contact several businesses with whom you have warm relationships, ask them to put a yard sign in front of their business.
We need to put signs in front of our churches. Ask your church, a friend’s church, your family’s church, or, if you are braver, cold-call a random church, if we can put out a sign out front.
Board of Directors
The general powers and responsibilities of the Secretary are to keep minutes and records and to fill in for the Treasurer when unavailable. The commitments include, generally, one meeting a month, ~2Hrs for the meeting, and ~2-4Hrs for record up-keeping including keeping the events pages up to date, keeping track of donations/memberships, and a few other minor tasks.
The Vice President shall in the event of the absence or inability of the President to exercise their office become acting President of the organization with all the rights, privileges, and powers as the duly elected President. Duties can be managing committees, the tasks within those committees, volunteers, and other responsibilities.
We need a WordPress/Website Designer/Developer. We have a project where we want to display testimonials from the Broadband Survey on the website.
Things break on the WordPress site and they need to be fixed. We are looking for a WordPress/Website Administrator that would be willing to keep our website in great running shape.